Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"Rosebud's on Rush"

6 x 6"

oil on masonite

sold

Hello all - I'm back home, rested and now that I've caught up at work, I'm happy to say I'm painting again. Oh how I missed it.

As you may know, I spent three days in Chicago - it was fantastic. The weather was perfect, the people were out in droves and I was envisioning paintings just about everywhere I looked. This new painting pretty much depicts the beginning of my adventure - as I arrived in the city early in the evening, starving and ready for a plate of chicken marsala at a little restaurant just around the corner from my hotel. The pressed, white tableclothes glisten in the sun, the waiters are handsome and the food is outstanding. Many more new paintings to come - I'm totally psyched.

1 comment:

Todd Bonita said...

The figures and the table cloth really pop against that dark backround. I'm always inspired by your ability to capture moments like the one in this composition. You really are amazingly consistant. Good for you. Glad you're back and excited to see what you come up with.
Be good,
Todd