Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Color World"



3 x 11"
oil on masonite
sold

Happy Spring to you - although I have a great appreciation for the soft, grayish tones of winter, I found myself eager to place something colorful in front of me and play with my paints. I've been nothing short of brain-dead after finishing up 18 new pieces and getting them to the galleries - I've even done my spring cleaning, tax returns and whatever else I've neglected since November. Time to get back into the groove.


detail


This painting is a quick, painterly, cheerful portrait of the flower before me, sitting in my favorite POM glass.



5 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

This is TERRIFIC!!

Love the format too!

Good luck on your show as well.

Mark Bridges said...

This is great. It's 35 and snowing here in Dallas.

Autumn Leaves said...

Gosh, Karin. I love the shape of the canvas here. These would make a great grouping in a home with a nice hallway. Nice colors and a fun piece that makes me long for the spring weather to make a reappearance (we have had rain mixed with snow for two days now).

California Girl said...

What a cheerful nod to Spring.

smellyrhinostudio said...

YeS!! Ready for Spring indeed!!