Friday, July 29, 2011

"Homeward Bound"

6 x 6"
oil on masonite
sold

Nearing the end of our first full day in Manhattan, we explored Grand Central Terminal for a while - I stood at this high spot for a good, long time squinting at the steady stream of people pouring in - thinking of how I could paint this scene. Lots of movement, ambiance - I really love the way this turned out and I'm adding it to my series ATL to NYC & Back. Gives me courage to tackle a larger version, from the center floor in the station.




4 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

One of my favorite EVER. Crazy how you can say so much on such a small canvas. LOVE this!

Regula Scheifele said...

Wonderful, vibrant - I adore it! And it's good to be reminded that it's only 6x6... now I'm amazed as well....

Shirley Fachilla said...

This is so fresh. The colors are just great. I love the atmosphere you created, and can't wait to see your larger one.

liz wiltzen said...

Great job on perspective and simplification Karin. Very cool!