Friday, November 21, 2014

"Tute Boots"

6 x 6"
oil on panel
sold


I took time out from painting this week to enroll in the Affordable Healthcare Program and I would highly suggest anyone check into the program - the website works, the call center was helpful and starting next year I'll be saving a LOT of money that will buy me more paint among other things.  For many full-time artists and all self-employed people, it's a godsend.

Anyway.... if you've been watching my work for a number of years, I have a preference for cutting off heads.  The reason is I find the figure more interesting - it becomes a form.  Body language takes over, identity is moot.  Composition becomes the fun of it, color takes center stage.  That's why I love it.

From the Art Institute of Chicago, a young woman and her boots takes a rest on a bench.




1 comment:

Susan said...

Stunning as all your paintings are. Yes! Buy more paint.