Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Wired"

6 x 6"
oil on masonite
sold

Forgive the lapse in painting - I took a break and actually had some holiday fun, then caught a bad cold. That's what I get. I'd like to think that wouldn't stop me from working, but it resulted in a mess. The brain just didn't work. Slowing climbing out of it - good enough to enjoy painting this little, white, grandma house - which is right around the corner from where I live. Whether it's the morning or evening sun hitting the stark white, it always captures my attention. Especially set in front of the huge wall of dark trees, my eyes (going 45 mph) get a fast glimpse of whites, blues, greens and multitudes of wires.




2 comments:

Jennifer Phillips said...

Love your choice of color for the shadows on the house... nice juicy brush strokes! I went to school at Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia... seeing you capture the essence of this southern home, brings me back! I miss it there!

Anonymous said...

Very neat concept.