Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Jam Session"

12 x 7"
oil on masonite

Well I figured if I could tackle the Georgetown scene in Seattle, I could take on 6th Avenue in New York City. I've learned to just do it. If it fails, it fails. I wipe it off and try again. This painting will be included in the upcoming group show titled Cityscapes & Nightscapes at 16 Patton in Asheville.

Please click here for a larger view and purchase information.

A note about Jack...... he's had a couple of really good days and we're all loving every minute of it. Thanks for sending the positive vibes our way.



10 comments:

craigstephens said...

Wow. This is really nice! All of your work is so distinctive and quite beautiful but I really like these recent cityscapes.

Carlos Ranna said...

I freaggin love it!!!

Barbara Pask said...

This is wonderful. I always love how you choose your composition that makes for very interesting paintings.

n warner said...

Whoa..you nailed it! Bellissimo!
Nina

neetzy said...

The dark foreground and the complementary color scheme of the background is very dramatic. I love your work!

Annelein said...

Hi Karin,
I just nominated your blog for the Arte Y Pico award...this is something that was awarded to my blog and I enjoy yours very much, so check out the link on my blog! Thanks for the inspirational work.

Todd Bonita said...

beautiful and rich color...feels like I'm stretching my neck to look up a bit..wonderful perspective!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

You are amazing and really, it's not life or death is it. You can always start again. You have a unique way og painting.
Good vibes for your Jack.

This Painting Life said...

Enjoy the yellow sky and blue silhouette of the buildings in the background, a most pleasing work.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

I just returned from North Carolina and was thrilled to see this painting (and all your others) in person. As wonderful as they are on the computer and in your books, they knock your socks off in real life.