Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"So In Love"

9 x 12"
oil on masonite
sold

I had read this comment, about Marc Chagall's painting 'Birthday' - and it kinda stuck with me. It's one person's interpretation and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Well that painting came to mind this morning and I ended up getting lost in it for the day. I needed to paint something sweet. And again, thank you all for your warm wishes. It means a lot to me.

The quote I'm speaking of :
"When I see this picture I can imagine a couple that have been separated for long time because of his death. Now on her birthday he comes to give her flowers and pick her up and take her away to heaven, so they can be together again.

They used to live together in this house, but when he passed away, her life never was the same, because she missed a lot. She was sad living as a widow, she always wore black clothes, and was alone. For her birthday she wants to die to be with her husband again. And he came as a ghost.

The painter probably, with this dark colors, wants to express the sadness about missing somebody beloved, like a husband. And the red carpet gives the loving touch, because this color is known worldwide as a color of love."


Please click here for a larger view.



3 comments:

FCP said...

Beautiful quote, Karin, and wishing you comfort and peace as you recall better days with your pups.
faye

Suzanne Gysin said...

My thoughts are with you and your puppy. Dogs live a short but happy life. That's not a bad way to live.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful sentiment.