Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Trolley Tour"

24 x 7"
oil on masonite
sold

I was asked to do a painting for an upcoming art auction, a pretty big event - and I want to make a splash - it's my first piece shown to a large audience of this type. So I've been working on this for 3 days - unheard of for me.

The event I'm speaking of is the Charleston Art Auction, held on November 8th - my work will be represented by the Morris & Whiteside Gallery. Bids can be placed before the event as well as during the live auction. If you are interested in placing a bid on this painting, please contact the gallery directly - an email link and phone number are provided here for your convenience, as well as a larger view of the painting.



7 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

I like it. I noticed that the colors get darker right to left. Very subtile.

jamieson5 said...

I love your work and the long, narrow format that you chose for this subject is perfect.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

I think this will definitely make a splash. I love the unique perspective and composition. It tells the story without having to show the entire trolly. Wonderful job Karin.

jilly ballantyne said...

I loved the earlier trolley paintings, this one is even more of a real gem! I hope you get a huge bid, that the work merits, Bravo Karin!

Cooper Dragonette said...

Absolutely knock-your-socks-off dynamite Karin!

Making A Mark said...

Well you certainly know how have an impact - this is excellent! :)

Anonymous said...

You have taken what I would have thought completely mundane and made a great painting.