Friday, September 16, 2011

"Going Straight to Hell's Kitchen"

4 x 12"
oil on masonite
sold


Last night I finished my last painting for the upcoming group show at the 16 Patton Gallery - all of my pieces are New York scenes, people, and a few dogs I met along the way. Included in the grouping is this new painting - a front seat view from a cab, going south on West End, heading straight to Hell's Kitchen to find a flea market.

Please click here for a larger view.

All of the new paintings can now be viewed on my website, please click here to the show pieces.



8 comments:

Robie Benve said...

Cool! It made me think of those movies when the guy jumps into a taxi and yells to the driver "follow that car!" :)

Linda Nickles said...

I LOVE this one, Karin! The perspective, the format, and the colors are all amazing. Oh, and I also love the title. You are so good!

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...

Love the loooong format. Fabulous piece Karin!

Nancy Colella said...

Are you kidding!? That is such a great painting and title! Love your sense of humor and talent.

Lampros Lampinos said...

love the yellow, yellow spots... fine art dear

Diane Mannion said...

You are one of my favorite painters, Karin! It's amazing how much you can project in such a little space with such few strokes... magical. Sigh.

Anita Tresslar said...

Karin, this is fabulous. I love the perspective and the colors are great. Don't know how you get so much information in such small spaces.

Irene Georgopoulou said...

Beautiful!