Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Cheers"

9 x 12"
oil on masonite
sold


The morning after I finished this painting, I opened up the New York Times and saw an advertisement for 'Frans Hals in the Metropolitan Museum', featuring his painting 'Yonker Ramp and His Sweetheart' - the same as in my painting. That was cool - I love Frans Hals's work, it's dark and somewhat creepy.

This piece will be included in the upcoming group show at 16 Patton in Asheville, my collection is New York Life.

Please click here for a larger view.



6 comments:

Lampros Lampinos said...

love the figure of this woman, the way she stands... very nice

Sandy Graeser Haynes said...

Karin... I love your work ! It has kind of a Norman Rockwell feel, lately !!! and I mean that in the best way !!! very cool !

Joy thomas [artist] said...

good paintings............

Anita Tresslar said...

This is a great painting Karin.

Snow White Archive said...

Very nostalgic feeling. Nice work.

JKW said...

I love the paintings and the people looking at them. So interesting. Your art is unique. Blessings, Janet