Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Four Ways to Brooklyn"


16 x 4"
oil on masonite
sold

On this somber day, the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I wanted to give all of you a peaceful, colorful, serene image of New York City, and give all due respect to the beauty that surrounds us today.

This is one of the most awe-inspiring views I know - from lower Manhattan looking at the East River where you can see the three bridges - in the far distance, the Williamsburg Bridge, in the center, the Manhattan Bridge, and in the front, the iconic and stunning Brooklyn Bridge.

I've been working hard on paintings for an upcoming show - featuring three women artists, Karen Hollingsworth, Suzy Shultz and myself, titled 'Woman's Work'. My collection is titled 'New York Life' - streetscenes, people, dogs, landmarks all inspired from my trip back in May.
This new painting will be included in the collection.

The show will be held at the 16 Patton Gallery in Asheville - the opening reception is October 22nd from 5-8. I hope you can stop by the gallery and see the work in person.

Please click here for a larger view.



10 comments:

hmuxo said...

How I wish I can go to the gallery to see some more of your paintings! Congratulations on selling this beautiful piece..so well deserved.

smellyrhinostudio said...

beautiful! Thank you. Incredible painting.

Sharon Rose Smith said...

Perfect span for this stunning painting.

Amy Hillenbrand said...

What a amazing piece. I don't know if you could have picked a more complicated composition but it was definitely worth it.

Daniel Corey said...

Nice composition! Panoramics are tough stuff.

Christine said...

Wow,wow,wow!

jesusest@gmail.com said...

nice, very nice.

Kim Morin Weineck said...

This was a lovely tribute on a somber day. Thanks, Karin!

Tonya Bates said...

Karin, this is wonderful!!! Thanks for capturing my/our city so perfectly. You are an honorary New Yorker!

John Vander Stelt said...

Great looking piece and I love the panoramic format.