Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Time Zone"


12 x 12"
oil on masonite
sold

This painting will be included in the February show at Howard/Mandville Gallery - I just framed it today and it looks so handsome. When I get to this stage, seeing all the paintings varnished and framed - I am honestly taken back. All the work seems worth it when you see the pieces grouped together. I'm proud.

When I look at this painting, I know the pleasure of setting aside that 'me-time', finding a place where no one knows me and escaping into books and magazines. It's what we all love to do.

This is also the painting featured in the current issue of American Art Collector - which I still haven't seen for myself. For a larger view, please click here.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great that you talk about the rewarding feelings
you have when you see your finished work, and it
inspires me and everyone that you include that in
your blog dialogs too. Thanks for including this kind
of commentary for its important motivation for others.

Anonymous said...

Karin,
I'm almost afraid to check your blog every day- I don't know how you complete these gorgeous paintings, so detailed, so full of life and light.
Your paintings make me gasp at the beauty of your brushstrokes and how you turn everyday sights into little masterpieces.
I'm a big fan!

Unknown said...

Very contemplative. You`ve captured a quiet mood again.

Kevin said...

Hi Karen - I just finished reading your article in American Art Collector. It was excellent! I enjoy seeing your paintings and try to visit your site daily for my dose of inspiration... Thanks.

Lorrie Drennan said...

Hi Karen!

I had those same exact feelings yesterday when I looked at my foyer (that is where I have my gallery of paintings hanging as they dry or await transport) and saw the results of my labor over the last two weeks. I makes you feel good to see what you have accomplished.

I will be at your and Carol's workshop in Austin so I realy look forward to meeting you there. I am glad I gotr signed up when I did because you and Carol both are "goin' places" and I am glad I got in before you get TOO famous!