Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Beyond Compare"


9 x 12"
oil on masonite

About mid-afternoon yesterday, I thought I was done with the show pieces. I started working on new paintings for the two other galleries, this being one of them, felt like I had an accomplished day and fell fast asleep only to wake up at 2 a.m. with anxiety over one of the show pieces. Why does our brain work this way? I need a good night's sleep please.

Back at it this morning, bound and determined. I suspect I won't stop until I'm consciously and subconsciously sure.

This painting is a scene from the Art Institute of Chicago - two girlfriends discussing and comparing. The hip action is just too great. Click here for a larger view and purchase information.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really do enjoy all the scenes of people in art galleries. What's amazing is not only do you capture the mood of the room and the people in it, but you also replicate the paintings on the walls so well that anyone with any gallery savvy knows the paintings.

Do these figurative studies take you long to do?

indiaartist said...

It is amazing what details you capture in that 9x12 piece. It is great at usual,especially the style of standing with more weight on one feet than the other.

Claire Kayser said...

Fret no more! Love it! Yes, I agree that her jutted-out hip speaks volumes - captured well.

Be well,
Claire

artnurse said...

I love it! Reminds me of me and my good friend...we love to go have fun at any art venue. How much is that painting?