Sunday, January 13, 2008

"June"


6 x 6"
oil on masonite
sold

Getting back to my alphabet series, I chose to paint this old, shotgun house that I spotted around Atlanta - with the hot, summer sun bathing it with color and light. I love this painting.



If you read the last post, I was struggling with one last piece for the February show. I ended up painting a scene that I honestly thought I'd never be able to pull off - and it turned out to be one of my all-time, personal favorites. I am beaming. I'll be able to show it to you in a couple of weeks, when I reveal all the work.


7 comments:

Jason Waskey said...

"... ended up painting a scene that I honestly thought I'd never be able to pull off - and it turned out to be one of my all-time, personal favorites."

Yay!

Kellie Marian Hill said...

Wow- you being so happy and in love with art tonight is so encouraging, and this wonderful, summery painting is brightening my evening. I hope you don't mind if I post it on my blog with a link back here to you...

Barbara Pask said...

What a sweet little house. I love this painting, great shadows and light. Ain't painting great!

Cooper Dragonette said...

Hey Karin! This is fantastic and I can't wait to see this "mystery" painting you're excited about. I really enjoyed seeing "June" this morning in the dark and the snow here in Maine. I think I'll need to book my tix to Florida (or Atlanta) today!

Jeff Mahorney said...

Wow, this is so striking. I just love it. The rich orange pops off the blue background. Those dynamic angles just make this composition work so well.

Mary J DuVal said...

Your houses have such personality. Love 'em. These colors give me inspiration for the day. Thank you.

Frank Gardner said...

Great colors and design. I'm with Cooper, you've hooked me and now I want to see that mystery painting.