Friday, January 11, 2008

"Chocolate Covered Cheesecake"


6 x 6"
oil on masonite
sold

The last of the three artfully decorated cheesecake slices that I helped devour on New Year's Eve. The chocolate was that yummy hard-shell kind, like on Dairy Queen cones. The same was on the Chocolate-Cherry Glazed slice. Sooooo good.

My happy news is that I have officially finished all the paintings for my February show at Howard/Mandville Gallery, one month to the date. Seventeen pieces, which you'll be able to view in a couple of weeks. You'll see six of them in the February issue of American Art Collector Magazine - are you ready for this - they wrote a featured article on my work. Yikes.




7 comments:

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

I love these food paintings (maybe vicariously; I started Weight Watchers this week:)

No really, I love the way your style works with food, people, whatever.

And congrats on the magazine.

Making A Mark said...

Karen - I'm planning a birthday supper for an important person this evening - do you arrange shipping? ;)

That's absolutely wonderful news about getting the paintings finished and having the article in American Art Collector. (When do they publish?) Many congratulations - you deserve it!

Unknown said...

AAWWWW please Karin stop! These paintings are breaking down my resolve for sweets. You're an evil genius with food.

I look forward to picking up the magazine. I can only dream to see that kind of coverage in my lifetime.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Congratulations on your upcoming show and the feature article. That's absolutely awesome! I'm looking forward to the article and seeiing your new work.
(And these cheesecakes are making me hungry...)

Anonymous said...

It feels so good to complete a series for a show, doesn't it? Way to go. On top of that, you'll be featured in the mag!!! Congrats!!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Congratulations for the publicity from American Art Collector! All your dedication and hard work is being justly rewarded! I am looking forward to receiving next month's issue!

Peter Yesis said...

congratulations on the feature in American Art Collector. I just received my copy yesterday. The work looks fantastic!

I am sure sales will quadruple now!