Friday, January 26, 2007

"Silver Street"

6 x 6"

oil on masonite

sold

I have San Francisco on the brain. I can't wait to get there. As I was rolling through the thousands of pictures I took last spring, I spotted these right-after-the-storm shots I took, around the really hilly neighborhoods, around Lombard Street in particular. What struck me was the dark stormy sky in the distance and that fantastic silvery reflection on the wet streets. An artist friend describes San Francisco as "wonderful, squinty, California light" and I know exactly what she means.

3 comments:

J Matt Miller said...

Nothing seems to intimidate you, Karen. Beautiful light.

Ron Morrison said...

I've looked at your work lots and like it lots. So there.

Jelaine Faunce said...

Yay! It's the squinty light again! :o)