Friday, January 5, 2007

"Rummaging"

6 x 6"

oil on masonite

sold

I've been working on a painting, a bit larger, which includes this woman. I loved painting her. So much so, I put down the other piece and painted her again. I think it's the way her profile is so beautifully placed in front of the cool grey, or the light just barely hitting her hair and her hand. It's also nice to loosen up a bit more - the way I love to paint.

A quick note - I'm working hard on gallery paintings for my February show, so I thought I'd extend the auction to ten days, rather than seven. Also keeping in mind the auction will end before my favorite show comes on because I know I'm not the only 24 fan out there.



5 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

ooh, love how she is backlit against her hair from the window light! Very effective...and beautiful.

Edcooper_art said...

Hi Karen, Im a big fan of your work! I really like this one, its got great style!

Doug said...

Great painting, Karin! I have a suggestion for you. I would love to be able to see these larger, like acutal size... since they are only 6x6.

With Blogger you can post an acutal size picture (6x6) and it will be on your blog the same size they are now... but when you click on one they will appear in a window at acutal size.

It would be great to see your actual brushwork better. Just a suggestion.

Karenpaints said...

Karin, I was wondering if you could let us in on the kind of paint you use and the colors in your palette. I've just discovered your blog during the holiday break and I love your work.

Sarah said...

Lush, love the suggestion of glasses and yes, her profile is stunning. Hope the other paintings are going well, I am taking a break from the dailies too, shall keep an eye out for your next posting. Back soon.
Sarah