Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Outdoor Dining"

9 x 12"
oil on masonite
sold

I'm packing up my art stuff for a workshop, I won't be painting until I start that up November 1st - I'm really looking forward to it. Lots to do to prepare. Also heading to Asheville on Saturday to attend the opening for a group show at 16 Patton - hope to see you there.

Before I go, I want to show you one of the paintings that will be included in this year's Charleston Art Auction - a scene from my visit last November - some diners I spotted on East Bay Street, outside of Pearlz Oyster Bar, on a cool, autumn evening.

Please click here for a larger view.

Happy Trails ~ I'll be sure to blog from the coast. It's Zac and Joey's first beach trip, so they'll be blogging too.



8 comments:

Anne Marie Propst said...

This is my all time favorite! Thats saying a lot as I have been following you forever!!! Great work!

Barb Sailor said...

I love this painting...you have so excellently portrayed the time of day and the casual feeling of the people enjoying the evening.

Kathy Cousart said...

Really wonderful painting- I want to hang out there. I love how the bit of lit up green down the street draws you in and then you just wind up back at Pearlz with all that gorgeous golden yellow light! Fabulously done as always but this one has an intimacy that is captured.
Travel safe to HHI workshop. Lucky participants and you are an amazing teacher.
I will look forward to and request an obnoxious amount of video and photos from Zac and Joey on the beach. Will warm my heart! I want to see first steps and reaction!!!

Stacy said...

Really like this one! One of my favorites!

Sharon Rose Smith said...

Your evening scenes are some of my personal favorites. I feel like I am walking along the street in Charleston. Great painting.

Pragya Tiwari said...

You've captured the mood so beautifully! Love it :)

Emiliya Lane said...

Beautiful and very very inspiring ! Thank you

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

definitely like this one, great job.
"The degree of skill and talent has been portrayed in each brushstroke. Splendid!"