Saturday, October 15, 2011

My New Book 'Museum Hours'



I've been working on this new book for a good while and it's finally finished and available on Blurb. Museum Hours features color images of 102 paintings (100 are full page and 2 are smaller included in the introduction). These are paintings I've done in the past several years, of my favorite subject to paint - art lovers and museum patrons. The book is 8 x 10" and available in soft-cover and hard-cover (image wrap) - I also included an index in the back of the book for those who like to know the featured artwork and what museum the scene is from. I wanted this to be just right, and I am so pleased with the entire book. I thank you for considering a purchase, it might be the perfect gift for someone you know.

Please click here to preview a portion of the book and to purchase your copy.

8 comments:

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

Congratulations Karin!! It must feel like such an accomplishment! Creating a book is on my to do list. Amazing work in your book! I especially liked the painting of "Starry Night". I do a little intro and art activity with my grade one students using this poster. They really find the poster interesting and enjoy doing any type of art work.
P.S. I shared your blurb link on Facebook. All the best! Keep up your wonderful work!

Karin Jurick said...

Thanks Debbie, I appreciate you getting the word out.

Kathy Cousart said...

Amazing and have it on my Santa stocking stuffer list:) My family always complains about what to get me! What a treat for all of us for you to put this together. I will also post a blurb on FB/blogworld- Beautiful paintings and from what I can see from the preview, a must have to cherish! Thanks for doing this one:)

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...

What a great cover and title Karin. It's all so inspiring.

Pragya Tiwari said...

Congratulations Karin :)

Marilyn Flanegan said...

The stories you paint are pure joy, Karin, congratulations on your latest book. What an amazing collection and I thought it so fitting that you featured the quote from Hedy Lamarr as I find this series especially comforting and one so many can relate to. A wonderfully exceptional collection.

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Congratulations..Beautiful book ..quite an accomplishment..I agree with Kathy...on the X-mas list and will be a great gift

Jen said...

Karin congratulations on your book! It looks gorgeous. And like Kathy, I'll have it on my short list for the stocking this year! Did you publish yourself? On press and everything? Quite the accomplishment!

Who is the artist on the cover? I asked this at the purchasing site. Is it Agnes Martin? It seems too big to be her. But I don't recognize it.