Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Sole Man"

6 x 6"
oil on masonite
sold


You haven't seen much action from me recently - due to my diligent efforts to paint two pieces for the Charleston Art Auction, which takes place in early November. I went through several tries before I got it right. Pretty frustrating. Nevertheless, they're done and I'm thrilled with both. You'll see them closer to the auction date.

It was nice to pick up a small panel and loosen up with this new painting - from the Delaware Museum of Art, where a patron stands before one of my favorite paintings by Howard Pyle titled 'Marooned Pirate', a fairly simple scene yet profoundly beautiful.



8 comments:

ratatouille's archives said...

Hi! Karin Jurick,
This painting is not only "beautiful" but a prime
example, of realism.
Oil on masonite
Thanks, for sharing!
DeeDee:-D

Mark Bridges said...

Love it and you got the light on the top of the frame so realistic.

myra anderson said...

Wonderful painting!

Terri Buchholz said...

I love that painting (and yours of course). N.C.Wyeth is my all time favorite and of course he was a student of Pyle's. It's amazing what you can do with a 6x6 square of masonite.

Lynnae said...

I enjoy seeing your art very much.

Pete said...

Karin, I'm a huge Pyle fan and this one is one of my favorites. I fact, I'm working on a pirate themed painting right now....pyle ispired of course. Great work!

LeSan said...

Great to see another beautiful painting from you! I love that you echoed the simplicity and composition in your painting of the painting. It adds a lot of emotional depth to the work. Wonderful job!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I like the color harmony of the painting/frame and floor.