Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Planning Stage"

4 x 4"
oil on masonite
sold

This is the first summer I've been in a gallery that is located on the coast - and I'm excited to have this opportunity to paint more beach scenes - which I thoroughly love to do. They're casual, colorful, happy moments - perfect subject for using oils because of the vivid range of deep blues and aquas and warm skin tones.

This little guy was seemingly planning out his next move on the beaches of Hilton Head Island.

Please click here for a larger view.



6 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

Karin,
This is so lovely. I am glad that you are getting the opportunity to paint more beach scenes. I am jealous!

Rob Hazzard said...

I love the texture and movement of your waves.....just fantastic

Gwen Bell said...

Really nice! Love the body position of the boy. He's really thinking it through! The waves and colors are so great.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic painting. The reflection and waves are so nice.

1.0 under construction said...

Hello Karin

I really love your paintings, they are awesome.
I wonder if i can use one of them on my blog. of course i will credit it on your name.

thanks
jorge

Karin Jurick said...

No please don't.