Sunday, June 21, 2009

An Interview with Artist Jeff Hayes

Jeff Hayes is an artist I have followed for several years - he paints very elegant, sensitive still lives, so distinctively his own. I particularly love his smoky edges on some - very dreamy, very sweet touch.


'Teacup No. 2'
by Jeff Hayes


Jeff is featuring a different artist every month on his blog State of the Art - including his personal thoughts as well as an interview with each painter - and I was his pick for the month of June. He and I share a mutual admiration for each other's work - and I'm very proud that he chose me for his current article - which you can read here. Thank you Jeff - I appreciate this very much.



5 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Well, the smokey edge you speak of really works on the spoon handle. This is a lovely painting.

Autumn Leaves said...

Thanks to Jane Hunt, I've found your blog and I do love it. Your portrait of your brother is so lovely. I love the little boy at the beach painting too. Brings on childhood memories, a sense of innocence and wonder...Jeff Hayes' work looks like a photograph. Just stunning!

Ashley (LBVie) said...

Wow, the lighting in this painting is really, really excellent. I try my hand at oil painting every now and again, and realistic lighting is always difficult. Bravo!

BRiiiDGE.♥ said...

i love this painting a lot. also the "little dancers" it looks so real. thumbs up for youÜ

Beautiful Disaster said...

Absolutley wonderful... I am insprired for the day. Thank you.