Friday, April 24, 2009

"Page Turner"

8 x 10"
oil on masonite
sold

A couple of years back, during an opening at Twinhouse Gallery, I spotted Jeff & Leslie Cohen's daughter sitting quietly in a chair, ignoring the conversations and mingling of patrons - totally absorbed in Catch-22. It was one of those moments when I saw a finished painting in my head, I could hardly wait to get home and start it. I have painted her several times, from different angles - I'm just in love with the subject, the light, the personality ... everything.

Please click here for a larger view.



8 comments:

Carolina said...

Very intimate moment...

Becky Brocato said...

Very nice, wonderful and warm.

Mary Anne Cary said...

Karin, I really love this. It is so you, but somehow different. The color, flow of clothes and glasses are all so unique. I don't think you could set this up as well if you tried. This is one of my favorites of yours!!

Jeff Cohen said...

One of my favorite subjects, beautifully rendered!

Unknown said...

Love it. It's your best in a while. Love love love it.

Jill Berry said...

AWESOME~~~

Robin Roberts said...

Great piece Karen. I don't know this girl but i feel like i know her personality because of how well you have captured that in this painting.

RR

Gwen Bell said...

Love everything about this...especially your subject. Those glasses on her hat and the big coat and boots give her an eccentric feel. Knowing she's reading Catch 22 emphasizes that feeling and makes me love her even more. This painting tells a story I want to hear!