Thursday, April 9, 2009

Checking In

I know. I haven't shown you anything new in days - but I have been painting nonstop - all for a show opening on May 9th. It's a dual show with the talented and charming Fred Calleri held at the Howard/Mandville Gallery, in Kirkland, right outside of Seattle. I won't be able to travel the distance this time around, but 11 new paintings will - and you'll be able to see them on my website and the gallery's website in a couple of weeks. Here's a little teaser of one of the new paintings.




Meanwhile..... I'll be getting caught up on fresh work for the other patient galleries and certainly a few small pieces that will go on auction. Happy Easter, have a Good Friday and I'll see you back here in a few days.

10 comments:

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

It is a teas big time.
Love the colors waiting patiently, like I have a choice?

Rob Hazzard said...

Thanks for sharing the glimpse, but I REALLY want to see the whole painting. Looks great so far!

Marian Fortunati said...

Hi Karin..
How long will the show be up there??
I love your work... there's a chance I'll be able to see it if the exhibit lasts for a few months.

Leslie Saeta said...

While we all suffer, your galleries will be happy. So, I guess that is ok!
Can;t wait to see the rest of this painting ... and all of the other wonderful ones!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Karin,

The teaser certainly looks wonderful.
I'd love it if you told us how you pack your paintings for shipping in one of your longer thoughts on painting.

Take care,

Barbara

Jennifer Phillips said...

Oooowwww Ooww Oooooowww! I have been hoping for another show in my town! Can't wait to see it! Wish you were coming...

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

wonderful, as usual.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Good gosh, Karin, if the rest of this painting is as exciting as what we can see here... Whoa. Beautiful.

dominique eichi said...

Great teaser !!!!!!
I agree with the question about packing would love some details on that

Alvin Richard said...

So well captured. Monet has some beautiful waterlily murals at the Orangerie in Paris, if ever you should go there.