Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Eavesdropping"

8 x 8"
oil on masonite
sold

A nice place to hang out, if you find yourself in San Francisco, is the Ferry Market - weekends include a green market, lots to eat, lots of people watching. The backside of the market has a nice view of the bay, fresh air and fresh coffee. If I lived in the city, it would be a weekly habit.

As you may have read, I've been painting for a dual show also featuring Fred Calleri, opening on Saturday, May 9th, at the Howard/Mandville Gallery in Kirkland - just outside of Seattle. You will see 11 new paintings of mine - the entire collection will be posted on my website on May 4th. The gallery did give the OK to reveal three of the paintings which you can view here, including the one you see above.

Please click here for a larger view.



8 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

Oh, the pigeon put her ruby red slippers on to model for your painting. :) It's a great one. Thanks for the sneak peak.

Chris said...

Hey, I really enjoy this one!

Peter Lee said...

Hi Karin,
I lived in the Bay Area for a while, and instantly recognized the Bay Bridge and the Treasure Island in the back. It's such a beautiful area, and you really captured so well even though it's just a distant background. And of course I love the people and the "spy".
Lovely work!

Patricia Siegel said...

I really love the contrast between light and shadow here. Beautiful painting!

Deb Schmit said...

I haven't dropped in for a while, and WOW I'm so glad I did. Its always a pleasure to see your work, Karin. Good luck with your latest show.

Marian Fortunati said...

Not just well painted as always but the title really made me smile!!

Thanks Karin!!

Gwen Bell said...

The warm light in this is so beautiful. The detail in the railing adds so much interest. Like the comical element of the pigeon and title. The red feet are such a perfect touch!

A Painter's Journal said...

This is wonderful! Everything about it is so perfect, from the distant hills to the pigeon feet - reminds me of Hopper mixed with Norman Rockwell. I sure hope you think that is a compliment... :-)