Monday, April 8, 2013

"200 Faces, No. 118"

6 x 6"
oil on panel
sold

A new addition to my ongoing series BUST-ED, and slightly larger than the usual 4" square - this particular face persuaded me to try something different.  I painted a brown/black (oil) over the white ground and proceeded to bring out the highlights by removing the dark with my brush dipped in Gamsol.  It took a while to get used to how to use the brush, wet, dry, scrubbed, washed, etc.  Tricky.
Near the completion, I added a slight warm-grey into areas as well.  I love it.




6 comments:

martinealison said...

Votre personnage a une très belle expression rempli de douceur...
Très beau portrait.
gros bisous

santastu said...

Nice Job

Nancy Colella said...

What a wonderful way to apply paint! And you did it so well! Great job. It still has that KJ touch! Love it.

Christine said...

This one, in particular, has much personality!

adebanji said...

Great Technique! love the limited feel of it!

Lenore said...

*o* magnifique portrait!! i dare!!