Friday, June 10, 2011

"The Grass is Greener"



6 x 6"
oil on masonite
sold

When I paint demos in my workshop, I get to do it fast and loose, which I love. I need that balance of both - working on the more-realized, detailed pieces and the come-what-may smaller ones. What I decided I'd do, as I'm sorting through close to 4,500 photos we took on our recent trip, is to paint a series of 6 x 6's of our adventures from start to finish - I'll call it ATL to NYC & Back.

Starting with the first couple of days on the road - driving east on the Lincoln Highway in Pennsylvania around Gettysburg, Lancaster, etc. This was a moment when the skies were dark and a storm was passing over, with a glimpse of blue skies above - yet the sun was shining on the green fields in the foreground. So beautiful.

Also wanted to let you know Zac & Joey have a new blog - a way for us to keep a diary of the two of them growing up. Please click here for your daily dose of cuteness.





6 comments:

Becky Brocato said...

This is so beautiful! I love the mix of sunshine and stormy skies.

Cristina Dalla Valentina said...

Wonderful painting... and so cute puppies!

Linda Nickles said...

Oh my gosh, Karin . . . I see another book in the making! We will all stay tuned.

sharon said...

The baby boys are precious. You captured the storm beautifully. Lancaster is charming even in the pouring rain.

Pam Holnback said...

Great dark and light. Don't you love it when it's like that when you're there and you don't have to push your photos!

Nancy Colella said...

What a wonderful way to re-live your journey! Thanks for sharing it with us.