Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Picnic"

6 x 6"
oil on masonite
sold

The one yesterday was an accidental result by the way - I was pleased with the top portion, the sky and treeline, and had done something totally different below that and hated it. I wiped that off and just wanted more simplicity - picked up the palette knife that I usually ignore and played.

Same with this painting - feeling out how to balance some tighter brushwork with some loose texture. Just exercising the brain - working through a block - enjoying the freedom.



7 comments:

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Really nice.

Roxanne Steed said...

Karin, looks like you're having 'fun with knives'....it's very freeing! Love the warmth in the cows!

alibay7 said...

I like this...you keep things so simple & yet they tell a lot....it's inspiring!

Unknown said...

I love using the paint knife to loosen me up when I feel I'm getting too tight. I love the outcome of your two pieces as well. It is like 'playing', nothing to fuss with, just have a go at it. Thanks for sharing!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Wow!
Thanks for sharing those bits of wisdom. You are out of the box all the way.

Unknown said...

Outstanding.

Liana Yarckin said...

I love the composition and the richness of color.