Monday, October 5, 2009

"Lost At Sea"

14 x 9"
oil on masonite
sold

You can really get lost in a good book - especially on a summer's day in a beach chair. One of life's simple pleasures. What I love most about this new painting is the three generations of women - each with their favorite read. From the beaches of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

This painting is included in the upcoming Charleston Art Auction, taking place November 7th.

Please click here for a larger view.

also worth mentioning...... I have recently joined The Sylvan Gallery, located on King Street in Charleston. Please stop in when you're in this wonderful, southern city.



9 comments:

Becky Brocato said...

oh, i just love this last little image of summer! beautifully done! the people are so, so real.

Cooper Dragonette said...

One of your best Karin!

black bear cabin said...

i really LOVE your style!!!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

I love this one!
Everything about it - the colors, the body language, the brushwork.
wonderful!

Ellen Burkett said...

Just wonderful, as always. You can almost feel the warmth of the sun.

Anonymous said...

How charming this one is! Really takes me there (and boy do I love getting lost in a good story!).

I so admire your deliberate painterly brushstrokes. Thanks for the inspiration!

norapaints@blogspot.com said...

Yes this does portray reading on the beach. I can get lost in a book and people come and go, take down there tents, gather the children and toys and be gone,the next time I look up. Beautifully done with the positions on the chairs.

CJ said...

Karin -
This would be the perfect companion to "Gossip Girls" I bought from you this summer. How can I bid in the Nov. 7 auction?
I love your style,compositions AND subject matter!

Karin Jurick said...

Your bids can be taken care of thru the Morris & Whiteside Gallery - just follow the link on my website page to email Ben Whiteside or give them a call. Thank you!