Wednesday, February 7, 2007

"Moon Over Market Street"

6 x 6"

oil on masonite

sold

I'd like to take you through my adventure in San Francisco, starting with the first night I arrived. I stayed nearby the bustling corner of Market and Fourth Streets, and when night falls, that area lights up like a Christmas tree. Your eyes dance around the colors and the movement of lights and people - it's just fantastic. This view is looking east, towards the Ferry Building way down in the unseen distance. I also had the pleasure of a bright, (near) full moon that added to the beauty of the city.

2 comments:

Jelaine Faunce said...

Oooooh, this series is gonna be SO good.

Michelle said...

Great Painting. I'm looking forward to seeing all the paintings you do from your S.F. trip. They're going to be good.