Friday, February 23, 2007

"Following a Lead"

9 x 12"

oil on masonite

sold

I feel like I'm finally coming out of a fog - getting over the flu and watching my dog recoop from surgery. I've lost time in painting and need to catch up with some new gallery pieces, so the small ones may have to wait a little while.

This young woman was viewing the very famous Renoir painting "Dance at Bougival", which hangs in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. It is a truly marvelous work of art in person.

Click here if you'd like a larger view.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOWZA! That's beautiful Karin! So, you're coming out of a fog and it looks like the details are coming in pretty clear -- wonderful little touches in this piece.

Anonymous said...

LOve it! You know I have a particular affinity for Renoir and I love this one. I didn't know where it resided, but now I do.
Great job as usual!

Shane Thomas said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and getting back to work. Your paintings are always a pleasure to see when they arrive in my RSS reader... I wish you continued success with the galleries you are dealing with (just keep at least a few smaller works coming :-)

Jelaine Faunce said...

I love that your subject, the young woman, has apparel that seems particularly fitting- the frilly skirt. There's something about it that's so perfect for the work she is viewing and gives an almost hard to describe completeness to the painting that another viewer in front of the Renoir probably wouldn't. Great piece!

Making A Mark said...

That's simply remarkable! I'm mentally eyeing up your brushmarks relative to size of the image and am trying to work out what size brushes you were using!

Lovely juxtaposition as well - makes me wonder whether you swop people around between photos if you find a better match.

Joan DaGradi Studio said...

A beautiful painting!

Joan DaGradi Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.