Thursday, December 14, 2006

Meeting Place

8 x 10"

oil on masonite

sold

I wanted to do something special here - a little larger than my usual. It being my busy time at work, these little, daily paintings will have to resume after Christmas, but I promise to get back to a normal pace of doing four or five a week. I chose this scene in memory of my dad. You see, he worked in the "Bob Newhart Building", as we called it, next to the Wrigley Building (that area of white on the left). Occasionally, I'd go downtown during the week, and my dad and I would meet for lunch or a walk back to the train station together. I think of that meeting place every time I cross that bridge over the Chicago River.

In memory of my dad, the proceeds for this painting will be donated to Our Lady of Perpetual Help Home, here in Atlanta. The sisters took great care of my dad in his last weeks and I'm forever grateful.
In addition, I'll match the winning bid. I appreciate your input and I wish you a Happy Holiday Time.

3 comments:

William R. Moore said...

Hi Karin,
I think that you are amazing and a definite benefit to all art lovers and fellow artist. I must admit that I am a little green with envy for all your many, many, many finely painted compositions. GO Girl! You are definitely an inspiration. Thanks you so much.

Continued success and growth.

Heart Felt,
Will

Gretchen Kelly said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your father and a beautiful painting of this building at night. I do not even know this building but I did watch the Bob Newhardt show when I was younger.

Karin Jurick said...

For those who've pointed out that the larger, lit building is the Chicago Tribune - thank you. I referred to the Wrigley Building as the white shape on the far left center, behind the flags. The "Bob Newhart Building" is to the right of the Wrigley.