Thursday, December 14, 2006

If you happen to be familiar with me and my paintings, you'd know my original blog existed on my website, created on Apple's iWeb program. That all ended unexpectedly a couple of days ago, when my program crashed and my year-long developed site disappeared. Not from the internet, mind you, but from my program. Do you feel my pain yet? Well..... the solution to this awful event is for me to recreate the entire site - and I'll get that done - but the blog may be replaced with this blog. It seems the culprit of my crashing had everything to do with that blog and I don't want to go through this agony again. So..... for the time being and possibly permanently, this is where you'll find my daily paintings for eBay auctions and much more included along the way. In the grand scheme of things, it ain't no big deal. I look at it as an opportunity to join in on the blogger world with a lot of features that could benefit both you and me.

5 comments:

Sharman Owings said...

Karin,
You've just experienced what I think may be a hugh fear for a lot of us. I, for one, so admired the complexity of your site. If I wasn't so lazy I would have tried to imitated it. Now I'm glad I didn't.
Your work is some of my favorite. Being relatively new to the daily painting thing I'd love to pick your brain some. However, I don't want to impose. Just let me know.
A few short emails would be fabulous.
Sharman

Johnnie Scoutten said...

Sorry about the crash. I feel for you. Good news, was afraid you were on a terribly long vacation...

Gretchen Kelly said...

Hi Karin,
I do feel your pain - the same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. Fortunately I was using the Apple blog as a first draft blog and then posted to my public blog on blogspot.com so my work there lives. I had to rebuild my website. I was able to keep my first website up online and it could be viewed - I just could not make changes in my program. I rebuilt my website again. I know you had a pretty involved site. I wish you luck. I am curious what Apple said to you? I am a great admirer of your work and process.All the best in 2007.

Karin Jurick said...

Good thinking Gretchen - I wish I had done the same. I suspected the blog portion of iWeb had it's bugs, but Apple's tech support pages never admitted to the inevitable consequences. My information and advice came from Mac users - as it usually does.
Thanks for sharing your pain. :)

julian said...

Ouch indeed! that must have been a painful few days. It all gets in the way of the painting enough even when it's all running smoothly. Heartfelt commiserations. julian