Saturday, June 16, 2007

"Playing Hooky"

8 x 10"

oil on masonite


As you may know, I've been working for a couple of months on paintings for the upcoming show - which I'm officially done as of today (yay!) and I needed to let loose for a change. It's done with a flat, wide brush and painted totally freehand - which is something I really, really enjoy.


Mark Bridges said...

Lovely painting. If this is "free hand" how are your others constructed? Do you mean just no line sketch? Happy Gallery showing and keep these gems a coming.
mark :)

I need orange said...

I love your work.

I love the gallery pics, and I love the dogs. I'm so glad I can visit here and see what you are up to.

Karin Jurick said...

To answer Mark's question - for the larger gallery pieces, I normally sketch out the figures and get a idea of the composition before painting - usually with a light pencil on the black surface. Not much detail, just general shapes. And sometimes I just start painting, like with this piece. By 'freehand' I guess I mean no sketching out at all, with pencil or paint - no plans of color or composition, just doing it.