Saturday, March 17, 2007

"Happy Feet"

6 x 6"

oil on masonite


The creative juices started up this morning - nothing like a fresh perspective. This view was from the second story balcony at the HIgh Museum, looking onto the jazz band and a few happy feet.


Anonymous said...

what is the Hlgh Museum and where?

Anonymous said...

Karin, Do you use black gesso on your small boards first? Your colors are so rich and I am so in awe of the detail in your small paintings. Also, what size brushes do you use? thanks!!

Karin Jurick said...

The High is in Atlanta.
And I do use black gesso as the starting surface. I think I do see color much better against black. The scene tends to 'emerge from the dark' in a way.
As for brushes, I use a flat, soft-hair shape about 1/2" wide. Even for the small paintings.

vivien said...

these are lovely paintings :) and so small .... yet they seem large, full of space and people with character.