Monday, April 14, 2014

"200 Faces, No. 138"

I've been working hard on a project that I'm psyched about and it's right up my alley.

One of my galleries, Morris & Whiteside, will be hosting a Small Works Show Auction at another one of my galleries, Sylvan, in Charleston, South Carolina.  It's not until mid-July, but I'm hoping to have 8-10 paintings included in the auction.  That's what I'm working on these days.

The cool thing about this auction is there should be around 200 paintings - and big names like Dean Mitchell, Dan McCaw, Steven Scott Young to name a fraction of the artists.  Great deals to be had -
a perfect event to begin collecting original art.

Most of what I'm doing are sizes as small as 4 x 4" and as large as 8 x 8".  I told you it was right up my alley.

So closer to the event, around July 1st, I'll post those paintings so you might think about joining in on the auction.

Anyways.....

I took a break from that project today and added to my ongoing series BUST-ED.

I randomly picked a colored panel with a grassy-green and love the results.


4 x 4"
oil on panel
sold


I purposely didn't labor over the edges and show all these cool slivers of the green ground, as you can see a little better below in the detail.


detail

 




No comments: