Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Violet"

6 x 6"
oil on panel
sold

Hello to all - I trust you've enjoyed your holiday.  My aching back is healing nicely, thank you for your kind wishes.  I wanted to paint, I really did.  I squirted out my pizza pan palette of paint several times and nothing.  I don't know why.  My brain's been fried I guess.  To tell you the truth, it's nice to just chill in December for a change.  I spent most of my adult life as a picture framer and December was hell.   Now it's beautifully calm and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

My friend Neil Hollingsworth offered some photos of his to paint (thank you Neil) and I've been playing with cows.  Such great, natural sculptures - I'm in awe of them.  I'm doing more and I felt compelled to name each one, whatever comes to mind as I'm spending time with them.

This kicks off the first of many little studies I hope to get on with.  The juices are flowing again.  Yay.




5 comments:

Nancy Colella said...

Welcome "back"! Love the cow idea. They are my favorite animal subject.
Looking forward to more. Happy happy new year! We are so glad you left the framing business.

Sharon Alama Art said...

It's great that you are feeling better...and it's wonderful that your creative juices are flowing again - from the udder of a cow, no less ;)

Margie said...

What is it about cows that make them so much fun to paint?

Sandra Busby said...

Just browsing and I'm sure I don't need to tell you how fabulous your paintings are - but I will anyway :0)

Victor Errington said...

Hi Karin.
i`m glad that i found your blog. you are a brilliant Artist. I love your style. I love this Cow painting Karin. All the best.
Vic.