Friday, August 3, 2012

"Pro Tractor"

6 x 6"
oil on panel
sold

What I was dazzled with out west was the expansive views - seeing forever - noticing how color and tones define distance.  It's a whole other learning curve for me.   I tell you, if I lived in California, I'd be taking long drives all the time - out to nowheresville and back with my camera.  It's inspiring.  

This new painting is from southern California where the berry farms make the landscape look like patterned fabric.  I felt a little Van Gogh-ish with the brush, lots of pleasure doing this piece.





3 comments:

Nancy Colella said...

Just love this and hearing your take on CA! I agree! Your paintings are as wonderful as always....paint on Karin!

Mary Pyche said...

I love this one. It's amazing how much you can fit into a small space.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This just grabbed me as a departure for you.
It's wonderful.