Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Custom-Built Tabletop Easels Now Available

I've painted on my tabletop easel, nearly every day, for over seven years now. I don't know what I'd do without it. Brett, my guy, has custom-built a deluxe version and they are now officially for sale. Quantities are limited - I will post announcements as more become available.

Ten of my Hilton Head workshop painters bought and got good use out of their new easels - you may have spotted them in the photos I posted that week.

Let me tell you a little bit about why I love my easel. It's solid wood and sturdy, you put your panel or canvas on it and don't even think about it. Just paint.



The great features -

The adjustable and removable brace can lock in your panel or canvas from the top or
can lift your painting higher up.

The base ledge is flat with no annoying grooves.

You can easily adjust the angle to what is most comfortable for you.




Temporarily Sold Out - more available very soon.

More detailed photos coming soon.



19 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

I love mine! Highly recommend! So sturdy and portable.

Kathy Cousart said...

I like mine too- really like the bottom with no annoying edge! I like also that the bar can move to appropriate height. I use mine whenever I need a table easel.

Anne Marie Propst said...

Hi Karin, please tell Bret I use mine constantly and love it so much. It is fabulous!!!!!! regards, anne propst

Unknown said...

I have had several table top easels, however, this easel is the BEST! It is very sturdy and well built. I highly recommend this easel! Great design.

c.gillespie said...

I love my easel Karin! It doesn't take up much space, is comfortable to work at, and is solid as a rock! I use it all the time!

Richard Jesse Watson said...

These look really useful. Very clever.

owenswain said...

But no shipping to Canada - now, that's a drag.

Cathy Engberg said...

Karin,
It looks like you sold out already. Are you taking orders?

Karin Jurick said...

Brett will make a new batch as soon as possible - as each one is completed, it will be put on the same ebay page. Hang on - more coming soon.
Thanks to all!

owenswain said...

Yes, wonderful, more coming - but will you/he ship to Canada? Here's hoping.

robin220 said...

Maybe I'll be able to get one by May, when I take your New York workshop! So excited!!

Unknown said...

I just received mine and love it. It's everything Karin and Brett said it would be. THANKS for going above & beyond Karin during the snowstorms.

Anita Tresslar said...

The best table top easel out there. I checked out quite a few and most were not sturdy. I am so happy you offered them to us at the Hilton Head Workshop.

Karin Jurick said...

Opening sales to Canada will happen - stay tuned.

And thanks to all those who endorsed their easels, it's very much appreciated.

Paint On!

Anonymous said...

great idea for a support... i need that

Unknown said...

There's nothing securing the panel from the top, if you use the adjustable bar to raise your panel. Does the panel shift/move around as you're working on it? I'm not the most careful person, so I'm scared my panel would slip.

Can anyone speak to this concern?

Karin Jurick said...

Lisa - Speaking for myself, I've never used a brace on my older version, that's an added piece with this new easel design. Truthfully, I never have the issue of slippage, even on the 4 x 4's. It would depend on how forceful you paint, I'm guessing. A simple solution, if one has that movement of the panel is to temporarily stick it to the surface with a little masking tape, easily applied and removed.

owenswain said...

Better than masking tape is "painter's" tape, as in the kind house painters use. Comes of easier. Leaves no gummy residue.

Unknown said...

Hi Karin, I love your work! I will be attending your workshop here in NY I am very excited about it!
I would also like to get an easel. They flew! I saw them on ebay and when I was ready to buy...puff! They were gone!

Best,
AV