Saturday, November 27, 2010

"100 Faces, No. 58"

4 x 4"
oil on masonite

Spent the morning warming up - literally and painting-wise. The best experience I have with this series is nothing is planned - no sketching, no colors intended from the start, no pressure. It's the best thing you can do, to limber up, no matter what the subject matter is.


Kathy Cousart said...

Great painting and great advice to go with it. Amazing:)

Peter Lee said...

I love your impressionistic brush strokes - you really have established a nice unique style of yours. And it shows up whether your painting is planned or spontaneous.
I believe that's what makes a mature painter - one with his/her own style, and that's the quality many galleries and collectors are looking for.

Mark Bridges said...

This is great. She looks like she's contemplating. I drove out to the country today, saw a hawk pounce on Lunch.

Azul Valentina said...

I love your paintings, I have a question, I noticed that you paint on 4x4 what kind of brushes do you use and what sizes?
Thank you

liz wiltzen said...

This one has a wonderful abstract quality to it Karin. Love the chunky brushstokes on the face against the smooth hair. Bold composition!

Karin Jurick said...

Brushes are flat, anywhere from 1/2" to 3/4" wide.

James King said...

I think I once dated this woman. Lovely work.