Monday, May 4, 2009

"Lost In Alabama"

4 x 4"
oil on masonite

This was on a back, back, way back road in Alabama - somewhere between Gadsden and Huntsville - and yes, we were lost but that's part of the fun. The most beautiful places are usually on the roads less taken.


LSaeta said...

Sorry you were lost but so glad you found this view to paint! Beautiful and vibrant colors. I love it! Looks like you are missing the storms!

susan hong-sammons said...

WHAT WONDERFUL paintings! I particularly love these last three. They are full of a unique quality that makes one want to be right there. Thank you for getting lost!

Sandra Galda a Daily Painter said...

I am really enjoying the small landscapes you are doing. If I didnt know they were small, I would think they were actually on a larger format, because they contain so much great information, value, distance,.....

Anita said...

I thought this was stunning when I caught a glimpse of the thumbnail on my blogfeed and then I saw the size - how on earth do you paint on such weeny canvases and make it look so loose? It seems to me that the smaller I go the tighter I get. This is just lovely!

Barbara M. said...

Hi Karin,

This looks like a wonderful road to be lost on.

Great painting.

Take care,


Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

This is home and you have painted a beautiful painting of a piece of it.