Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Wiggery"

5 x 10"
oil on masonite
sold

My current challenge on my Different Strokes From Different Strokes blog - an array of mannequin heads and women's wigs for sale in a storefront window. Now it's either because I'm working out my frustrations from the recent internet interruption or my hand just took over and did what it wanted to do - but this was pure fun. I started on a blinding, bright-red background which peeks through in parts, which I like. For an offbeat subject, it seemed right.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! Especially those electric bits of red showing through the green. The fun you had painting it is infectious.

Unknown said...

After spending way too long trying to decide which part of the photo to use I copped out up and decided to just participate by displaying my support.

There have been some fantastic results for this difficult assignment.

adebanji said...

HEY!!!!!!!!!! This is really really GREAT! I love the CONTRASTS!

David Lobenberg said...

That's Hot! Well done.

dominique eichi said...

Yes I agree with David, that is one hot picture. It shows you had fun. Great job.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. One of my favorites on the challenge entries.

Leslie Saeta said...

What a wonderfully fun painting! I think thereis some symbolism of the red and your frustrations last week ... but I like the fact you went "outside the box" on this one. You are amazing, my dear.

Vern Schwarz said...

Karin, your take on this photo is brilliant. The whole painting just pops with the red. Definitely a favorite.

Mark Bridges said...

this is cool when viewed through the 3d glasses

Carol Feldman said...

Great cutting away to the core of the feeling of the photo!
Karin, could you post somewhere how long your show will be up at the M&W Gallery? I am going to be close the end of March and want to know if I can still see it then. Thanks

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

just fantastic.