Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Vacation"

8 x 8"
oil on masonite
sold

Really, V could be for vacation or values - I like the concept of vacation, a word that either evokes envy or better yet, rubbing it in when you're about to embark on your own. Again, I worked with the values study, totally enjoying the unpredictable results. Brush strokes really matter, they show even more so as you are washing the paint rather than layering. It's a constant adding and subtracting of color, with the highlights being the original surface. It's challenging. I did record the process - a video that needs to be edited from an hour down to ten minutes - so that'll be coming as soon as I have the time.



2 comments:

matthew said...

Great painting. I am very very interested to see the video!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Nice. Look forward to the process video as well.