Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

12 x 9"

ink & gouache on paper
sold

One of my New Year's resolutions is to add more drawing time to my day. A warm-up to something more involved or sketching something out in the real world, I just want more drawing time. I miss it.

Which brings me to another resolution - to travel more. This year I spent more time painting and less getting out in the world, mostly because of work and my bum knee. I have resolved to dealing with it - maybe a Segway is the answer. I want more exposure to the world out there. I miss it.

One more resolution.... to teach a little. I will do more painting movies
and I'm making plans with Carol Marine to hold a 3-day workshop, some time in the spring, which I'm really psyched about. I don't know if I can teach anyone anything ....... I've never tried, but it's something I would like to do more of.

Besides all of that, I'd like to keep on track with what I've been doing - painting small pieces for auctions and larger, more realized work for the three galleries. I really enjoy all of it.

Time to say
Happy New Year and wish you all the best. Dream on and Paint on, my friends.


11 comments:

Melody said...

Happy New Year to you Karin....you have been a real inspiration to me. Thanks so very much for sharing your beautiful work.

Dean H. said...

Sounds as if you have an exciting and fulfilling new year ahead of you. Thanks for your huge inspiration.

Best wishes, Dean

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

Recently saw original Hopper work at MOMA in New York. Yours is beautiful...you have done justice to the original concept!

Mike said...

Karin . . .I have been following your work through subscription since May 2007 . . .and watching you along with Carol Marine . . . .I have to say it is really nice to see that you are reaching for more improvement, even though you are already a highly recognized entity in the art world. Congrats on your decision to teach! I have found, in watercolor, that teaching is the best path to deep understanding that I wouldn't have attained by just painting. The gratification of helping others is a true source of happiness, too. Hat's off to you, Karin! You are setting an example for all of us!

Jerry Points said...

Karin...I have been following your work along with Carol's and think the combined workshop would be great. Both of you are at the top of your game and the small works are jewels. Where and when is the workshop?

Jerry

Karin Jurick said...

I'm happy to hear the enthusiasm for a workshop - plans are still in the making. I'll be sure to post the dates and place when Carol and I know. Thanks to all who expressed an interest.

Anonymous said...

Karin I love both your work and Carol's. I missed a workshop by Carol in Sacramento a while ago. Any chance you two might come out to California? I live in the wine country, it's a great place to visit. I even have a link for you of where you could teach your class... one of our local art centers. http://www.sebarts.org

Unknown said...

Karin,
I've seen your work through the Hollingsworths' blog and now I have put you on my daily art blog read list. I am a huge fan of Carol Marine and Tracy Helgeson.

One of my well-intentioned resolutionsis to take workshops with people I admire. I'm in a family business (restaurant/inn) and we hope to sell it this year. Once that happens, I hope to become more of a full time artist.

Thank you for your inspiration...oh and your art videos are wonderful!

Jason Waskey said...

Karin,

Happy New Year! I like your resolution to focus more on drawing. There must be something in the air, as it is one of my NY's resolutions too!

Looking forwards to seeing more drawing on your site...

Anonymous said...

Come to Austin where Carol is for your workshop. I'll be there for sure!

Anonymous said...

The minute you post a workshop in Atlanta, I will be the first to sign up!! I hope you can squeeze in time for that! :)