Thursday, November 12, 2015

"Women in Gold"

16 x 20"
oil on panel
sold


Just when you think I'm predictable,  I paint a 16 x 20".  And it took 6 days to complete.  Yikes.

The Robert Lange Studios, in Charleston, invited me into another group show - titled 'Silver vs. Gold' which opens tonight at The Vendue in Charleston.  My painting will join the rest around December 1st.

I painted the ground color a blend of metallic golds, which peeks through the oil paint - also I applied spots of metallic golds in the Klimt painting, the woman's sweater and several other strategic areas.  It's very cool in person.

The Klimt painting I feature is the famous 'Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I', also the subject in the movie 'Woman in Gold'.

For a larger view, click here.


10 comments:

Cathy Engberg said...

OMG Karin! I can't begin to express how much I love this painting. Exquisite! A real show stopper. I can't stop looking at it. You amaze me every time and are never predicable.

Maria Bennett Hock said...

Love this so much. I cannot believe how long you worked on it! Well worth the effort! a new level of greatness for you!

Anni Matsick said...

Sensational and stunning! Between the two figures, my eye can't leave the painting. Bravo!

Mary Pyche said...

WOW! How gorgeous.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Congratulations Karin. This piece and YOU are the best!

Roswitha Cheatle said...

Just one word: WOW

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Quite simply - A MASTERPIECE!
What a pleasure to see.

Melle Ferre said...

It's gorgeous

Gillian St George - Adventures in Painting said...

Very nice Karin.

Dianne said...

Wow! 'nuff said, speachless.