Sunday, October 25, 2015

"Van Gogh"

6 x 8"
oil on panel
sold


I took a little break for a road trip to visit Brett's family - it was and is always a pleasure getting together.  Now I'm back to painting and added to my series ArtistZ - choosing Vincent van Gogh for the letter V.  It was a toss up between Van Gogh and Vermeer,  I love them both, but really, to see a Van Gogh in person is an experience everyone should enjoy in their lifetime.

His colors are as vivid and saturated as the day he painted his masterpieces, the oils are laid on thick in most, adding to the movements and textures of the landscapes or still lives.  There's great emotion is his paintings, especially my personal favorite 'Wheatfield with Crows', the piece I featured in my painting above.

'Wheatfield and Crows' is considered Van Gogh's last painting by most, proving color was his greatest means of expression.  When I had my frame shop,  I always had this framed print in the gallery.




3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Très jolie peinture où vous mettez en scène l'oeuvre de Van Gogh.

Gros bisous ✺ ♡ ✺

Katherine Hambley said...

What museum was this displayed? I thought it was in Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.

Karin Jurick said...

Correct - it is part of the permanent collection in the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.