Saturday, March 14, 2015

"Airport"

8 x 6"
oil on panel
sold


I've been working on a series of paintings that require a bit of loosening up, little flits of movement added, which is fun and tricky.  I've been backing off and using a wide brush to work at it even though the panels are 5 x 7's.  And I'm thrilled with the paintings so far.

Then, as I was working on my website, I came across an alphabet series I had done about 10 years ago and thought I'd keep up the looseness with an new series 'A to Z'  - starting with A.  It's all good exercise.

From Chicago's O'Hare airport, a gentleman waits for his Delta flight.






4 comments:

Steven said...

Cant' wait to see B to Z. Woo hoo!

Mary Pyche said...

I followed a link here to your new website which is wonderfully arranged and clicked on a youtube video of Painting a Scene of a New York City Street by Karin Jurick. I was so surprised to see your technique, starting in the upper left hand corner and painting from there. The most fun part was that you had so cleverly filmed it to show only the actual painting, not the dipping of the brush, and so the result looks like you are painting with a magic brush! Well, most would agree that you do have a magic brush! Thanks for all you do for us.

Dan said...

I love this, Karin! I'm also constantly trying to loosen up my paintings. I'll keep practicing! :)

Yiwei Peng said...

Love this! Especially the gradient on the background!