Friday, February 13, 2015

"Piracy"

9 x 12"
oil on panel
sold


A new painting, done from a visit to the Delaware Art Museum several years ago.  I was in the area to explore Chadd's Ford, the Wyeth's hometown and a place that my mom favored for inspiration when we lived in Bucks County years ago.  

Seeing N.C. Wyeth's and Howard Pyle's paintings as a young girl was the beginning of my desire to be an illustrator when I grew up.  And there they were, in the Delaware Art Museum, ready to inspire me again next to a woman, with her commanding figure, enjoying Howard Pyle's 'The Flying Dutchman' on the left and 'The Buccaneer Was a Picturesque Fellow' to her right.

Please click here for a larger view.


1 comment:

c.dingman said...

It amazes me how you seem to put together the perfect juxtaposition of viewer to painting.