Monday, November 24, 2014

"A Lot to Juggle"

8 x 10"
oil on panel
sold


As I was sketching this out onto my panel, I noticed cool similarities between the viewer and the subjects in the painting - the soft shoes and the folded arms.  Bloggers often point these things out that I didn't pick up, which always tickles me.

From the Art Institute of Chicago, a woman feeling a connection with Pierre-Auguste Renoir's 'Acrobats at the Cirque Fernando', with Renoir's 'Chrysanthemums' to the left.

Please click here for a larger view.


3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Une constatation qui demande réflexion !... L'admiratrice complètement projetée ...
Belle oeuvre.
Gros bisous ♡

Lynn Patten said...

Karen,

I wish you hadn't written that you often don't realize the body language and clothing connection between your viewers and the selected painting. I always first laugh at how clever and humane you are with that choice and then enjoy the visual expression of meaningful merging that seems to take place.

Because of this I have thought of your work as narrative - I look at your work repeatedly with the stories they suggest in mind. Often their stories change too - fun as well as beautiful.

I'll continue to believe you do this deliberately though perhaps unconsciously.

Love your paintings. Thank You.

chantels originals said...

You have beautiful style and understanding in your work! I can't wait to see what you will post next.