Thursday, August 1, 2013

"Lincoln Highway/Grain Elevator, Nebraska"

5 x 5"
oil on panel
sold

Back to my series of sightings on The Lincoln Highway.   A quick thank-you to all the folks who emailed me to say how much they're enjoying this series.  I greatly appreciate the feedback.

As silly as it sounds, I went nuts over the multitudes of storage buildings along the highway and railroad tracks.  And as simple as this composition is, I worked at it for several days.  It's the values of the building in the shaded and lit areas next to the sky - and the clouds - never as easy as it seems.


1 comment:

Karen Boe said...

You just get light, and the comp of an image - like it's in your blood. You know it when you see it, you capture it in a picture, and all the stages from that moment go unnoticed until we get to see what emerges from all that planning and work, and it's brilliant every time.